Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tribute to my Wife

I was thinking about Blogs and the ability to communicate what is really important to you. So I thought I would provide a tribute to my wife.

My wife is very beautiful and talented. When I saw her almost ten years ago in her wedding dress waiting to be married for time and all eternity, I was so caught up in the moment and felt like I was floating on a cloud. Here was someone who was willing to commit to spend this life with me and the life to come. She looked like an angel, with beautiful dark hair and a big smile on her face.

I see the acts of service she performs today at church and for friends. She seems so willing to help those in need and share her talents. At church her creativity makes the kids more interested in what is being presented. With her friends, she offers to watch their kids so they can take care of things they need to.

At home she makes our house a home. She takes care of the children, making sure they understand the spritual and physical responsibilities of life. She prepares more delicious meals than I ever could have imagined. She makes sure our clothes are clean. She helps the kids exercise their creativity and stimulates their minds with books.

In short, my wife is an angel. She came to my rescue, saving me being a bachelor any longer. I love her and want to make her happy more than anything.

I look forward to walking down the beaches of Hawaii holding her hand and watching the waves come crashing in and thinking, "I'm so glad I have an angel by my side."

2 comments:

Susan said...

oh my goodness. This is great! sometimes it takes a written declaration for everyone to see/feel/know what you see/feel/know.

Thank you so much for these kind words. I cannot wait for you to take your trip. for you 2 to be together but for me to get your kiddies.

dawnmercedes said...

Thanks DH.