Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pinewood Derby Car

One of my sons is in Cub Scouts. He is a Tiger Scout. One of the fun things that is done in Cub Scouting is the Pinewood. We had made plans to go over to a friend's house to use his workshop. My brother was visiting from out of town and we dragged him along.
My son picked out the car design he wanted and cut it out. He came up with a innovative way of making sure we got the design on the car. He suggested we attach it to the car. So he used some spray glue and put the cut out design on the car. Then he cut it out with a table reciprocating saw. I helped his hands guide the blade for safety.
The next activity of the day was the sanding. My son sanded the car. Then we worked together to mount each tire for sanding.
The last activity of the day was to spray paint the car the base color, white.
There is still more work to do starting Monday to finish the car. It will be a lot of fun!




3 comments:

Susan said...

What a great entry! Pictures and all. Connor looks so happy to be doing this by himself (even tho he had your guiding hand on the saw, at least). How cool was that?!

Take these pix to the Derby and then add pix from the Derby.

Go Con! Go Con's Dad!

Susan said...

oh, and one more thing...I would like to see a close up of the finished car and Con's proud face next time!

Susan said...

no place to add a comment about your playlist. I listened to each song and now I have a headache. Is this some sort of trip? Just kidding! you know how old I am, so you know what music I'd listen to on my player IF I HAD ONE.

But good for you for having one.